Vice President of Food Service
Gellert Global Group consists of many of the leading North American food importing companies (Atalanta Corporation, Camerican International, Finica, Tipico Cheese Products) and has been involved in importing food products for over 100 years. The combined revenues of GGG exceed $1 billion. GGG companies provide strength in sourcing, insurance, finance, logistics, food safety and information technology, and supplies the needs of retailers, distributors, foodservice chains, hotels, cruise lines, and food manufacturers alike.
Gellert Global Group is seeking a Vice President of Food Service who will have strategic planning and tactical execution responsibilities for the foodservice division of the largest combined group of import companies that service foodservice distributors, convenience store chains, non-commercial operators, as well as regional and national restaurant chains. The position is a key member of the executive leadership team that is responsible for collaboratively developing a Sales & Operations Plan. They will lead on synchronizing the alignment of the sales plan and strategic initiatives of the foodservice division with all stakeholders in the organization. The incumbent must be a dynamic leader with a demonstrated ability to influence business results by effectively managing resources combined with strong cross-functional collaboration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and define the sales vision and objectives, with emphasis on training, onboarding, leading, coaching and mentoring the foodservice sales organization to gain more thorough and comprehensive understanding of transactional data business concepts to produce growth.
- Responsible for the Foodservice Division Key Performance Indicators (KPI), targets and goals, and overall growth.
- Manage both strategic and tactical planning of the execution of business volume between $600mm – $1B.
- Manage and develop customer relationships with key account decision-makers; establish and maintain high-level, executive contact with all key accounts, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity, and business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behaviors; promotes mutual respect for employees, customers, and communities; builds trust with others through authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- Effective management and use of Division budgets including but not limited to salaries, T&E and account marketing budgets.
- Coach and counsel employees for success; discipline individuals according to company policy; plan and monitor employee goals; and effectively appraise performance.
- Acts quickly and decisively to adjust and mobilize the organization to enhance competitive performance.
- Manages through ambiguity to maintain focus on business priorities.
- Promotes delegation of decision-making and teamwork to leverage the collective capabilities of the entire organization.
- Manage complex P&L’s, build budgets, conduct price analysis and margin management as well as establish sales forecasts and effectively allocate resources.
- Work cross-functionally with customer service, logistics, finance, and operations to achieve mutual and cascading objectives.
- Participate in industry related events.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Strong transactional knowledge of the foodservice industry from a supplier to distributor perspective with deep understanding of an increasingly more complex data driven, supply chain/logistics environment.
- Has existing network of relationships with multi-unit operators in commercial restaurants, non-commercial contract management operators, and/or the convenience store channel.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall foodservice channel dynamics and deep understanding of chain restaurant, convenience store and non-commercial operator dynamics.
- Must have established corporate relationships with key decision-makers at national and regional distributors to include but limited to Sysco, US Foods, Performance Food Group (PFG), Gordon Food Service (GFS).
- Strong working knowledge of industry specific price and marketing programs.
- Expert knowledge of food industry practices.
- Experience leading a large team of sales professionals.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills at all levels.
- Willingness to travel 50%, domestic and international.
- Proficient with MS Office; advanced user of Excel.
The Gellert Global Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.