Gellert Global Group's Atalanta Corporation has experienced tremendous growth, and we are in search of a highly organized, initiative-taking, and detail oriented Pricing Manager to join our team in our Elizabeth, NJ location.
Atalanta Corporation is the number one cheese importer and the largest family-owned food importer in the US servicing all channels of the food industry with over 5,000 products from around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.atalantacorp.com.
The Pricing Manager will support Senior Leadership, Sales, Operations, Customers and Finance. The ideal candidate will apply analytical principles to review and analyze transitions in sales and trade spend to Senior Management. Responsibilities include the optimization of the company's overall gross margin by evaluating customer pricing, bid pricing and trade spend activity. The position will include managing the price input process at the product and customer level. The PM will partner and collaborate across the organization, including but not limited to Sales, Supply Chain and Product Management. The position will be a unique opportunity and learning experience to work across departments to gain a clear understanding of and help control the internal margin achievement levers. The Pricing Manager will have access to influence Senior Leadership through qualitative analysis and the strategic planning process. This is not a remote position.
- Establishing, maintaining, and administering customer pricing in collaboration with Sales
- Collaborating with Sales and the Trade Spend Manager to price customer bids, RFPs and Foodservice Chain items by modeling and providing recommendations on pricing
- Developing/optimizing methodologies and processes to improve process flow
- Work with Business Development Managers to develop pricing strategies for categories and items to optimize pricing by channel/customer
- Provide support and guidance to Area Sales Managers and Directors of Sales
- Develop, lead, manage the pricing process for the organization while ensuring margin objectives are achieved
- Lead the annual price increase process for the organization; work with sales and business development managers to implement price changes
- Develop reports to track and monitor the pricing projects and associated activities on various product lines and market segments
- Identify leakage buckets within price waterfall and find ways to increase profit
- Partner seamlessly with internal stakeholders and external resources to deliver outstanding results. We are seeking a talented commercial professional who thrives in a high-performing environment that encourages creativity, risk-taking, and bringing people along
- This leader will serve as a pricing expert, He/she will lead pricing strategy across our brands to deliver against identified business objectives
- Evaluate current policies & procedures to drive improvement to profitability and sales
- Develop and implement tests and model changes impact to current strategies
- Work cross-functionally to define/refine pricing strategy related improvements
- Use the infor/M3 costing and pricing model to upload and review pricing
- Ensure pricing inputs and changes are made in a timely manner
- Identify, research, and resolve pricing issues
- Gather customer information for specific accurate costing and pricing
- Maintain pricing templates and conduct monthly/ quarterly / annual contract renewals with Sales and Operations support
- Ownership and maintenance of operational infor/M3 pricing analytical tools
- Set up, control, and validate promo accruals and transactions
- Recommend and implement processes to improve productivity, increase efficiencies in the Exceedra software
- Respond to all sales and finance inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide key performance metrics to management.
- Performs cost/price analysis, modeling, and estimates, consistent with company policies.
- Initiative-taking, problem-solving approach to errors and software issue
- Assist VP Strategic Planning on special projects
- Complete miscellaneous analytical projects and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Strong excel modeling skills: Pricing strategy incorporates numerous data sources and frequently relies on complex excel modeling
- The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal abilities and a down- to-earth and straightforward style; he or she will be highly credible, persuasive, and one who engenders trust
- The ideal candidate is articulate, confident and able to inspire people in terms of personal style
- He/she will have strong written and verbal presentation skills and has the ability to simplify the complex
- He/she will be able to present and support his or her point of view while considering the input of others
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Candidate must be a collaborator who can work independently and can multi-task in a timely manner
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office and willing to learn other software programs if needed
- Proficiency in relevant software such as Infor and Exceedra is a plus
- Proficient in preparing analytical reports using excel, access and other report writers
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to constant change in a growing business environment is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work effectively in an environment with strict deadlines is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.