Account Specialist - Retail Sales
Atalanta Corporation is one of the largest family-owned food importers in the US servicing all channels of the food industry with products from around the world. We import and distribute premium specialty food brands including gourmet olive oils, vinegars, mustards, cheeses, meats, and pastas. Our products are distributed nationally in retail stores and restaurants that focus on premium, high quality food products. For additional information please visit us online at atalantacorp.com.
Atalanta Corporation is seeking an Account Specialist who will support key retail accounts at store level in the handling, use, and merchandising of our meat, cheese, and grocery products. The Account Specialist will ensure Atalanta’s service standards are maintained, support promotional activities, train the retailers’ staff, and demonstrate our products to consumers. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work in a collaborative environment with other Atalanta departments, our supplier network, and our customers to achieve sales and profit objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or food related curriculum preferred
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks on time without supervision
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and perform duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Have a can-do attitude and roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Creativity and a passion for food and the food industry
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options (Company contribution towards medical)
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their children
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team building events
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status.