Demand Planning Analyst
The Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for analyzing forecast, including the creation of weekly and monthly forecasts by SKU, product launches and transitions. The responsibilities include creating and maintaining forecast models for all customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecasting information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts.
The Demand Planning Analyst is the liaison between Sales and Supply Chain organization. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing and Business Development team to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach working with Sales and Marketing and Business Development to obtain and ensure current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with Procurement.
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with Sales and Marketing departments.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process.
- Initiate and lead SKU rationalization process.
- Maintain Item Master information.
- Perform customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Improve relationships among planners, sales, marketing, creative and operation, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, Infor, DMP, Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/ Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.