Food Safety and Quality Assurance Coordinator
Gellert Global Group consists of many of the leading North American food importing companies (Atalanta Corporation, Camerican International, Finica, Tipico Cheese Products) and has been involved in importing food products for over 100 years. The combined revenues of GGG exceed $1 billion. GGG companies provide strength in sourcing, insurance, finance, logistics, food safety, and information technology, and supply the needs of retailers, distributors, food service chains, hotels, cruise lines, and food manufacturers alike.
GGG is seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) Coordinator who will report to the FSQA Manager and collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate food safety practices in our operations. The FSQA Coordinator will support the maintenance of our food safety programs to achieve compliance with regulatory, third-party, and internal requirements.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with the completion of all customer surveys and audit forms
- Assist with the collection and input of data into systems, as needed
- Coordinate with Sales/Support and Procurement/Support Teams, Suppliers, and FSQA team to assist with customer Quality Assurance/Food Safety documentation requirements
- Provide formal responses to consumer complaints or inquiries and maintain a log for tracking and trend analysis
- Participate in the coordination of our Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP), Food Safety, and Regulatory Compliance Programs.
- Coordinate document requests, procedure changes, and other quality projects
- Collaborate in the development of QA compliance programs, as needed
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- Internship experience in related role within the food industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- problem-solving skills
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their children
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team building events
The Gellert Global Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.