Food Safety and Quality Assurance Analyst
Gellert Global Group consists of many of the leading North American food importing companies (Atalanta Corporation, Camerican International, Finica, Tipico Cheese Products) and has been involved in importing food products for over 100 years. The combined revenues of GGG exceed $1 billion. GGG companies provide strength in sourcing, insurance, finance, logistics, food safety, and information technology, and supply the needs of retailers, distributors, food service chains, hotels, cruise lines, and food manufacturers alike.
GGG is seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Food Safety and Quality Assurance Analyst to contribute to our success by working with our Food Safety and Quality Assurance team to ensure our foreign supply partners are in full compliance with all regulatory mandates and customers’ requirements.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and maintain our Foreign Supplier Verification Program and Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Program for assigned suppliers
- Perform Supplier Risk Assessments and review Food Safety and Quality Assurance documents for assigned existing and potential suppliers
- Audit foreign manufacturing facilities and perform verification activities
- Work closely with foreign suppliers to resolve any food safety and/or quality control issues
- Review 3rd party lab testing results and Certificates of Analysis specification and customer requirements
- Coordinate with internal departments and assist with customer quality assurance and/or food safety documentation requirements
- Resolve customer complaints; work with suppliers to find root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance by regularly inspecting products, reviewing food quality and safety documents, and tracking customers’ feedback.
- Create, update, and review product specifications; evaluate customer’s and supplier’s specifications to ensure compliance.
- Conduct product evaluations for sensory, physical, and chemical analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Biology
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role within the food industry
- Experience with GFSI audit schemes
- HACCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of FSMA and FSVP requirements
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- Ability to travel (up to 15%) domestically and internationally
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their children
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team-building events
The Gellert Global Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.