Customer Service Representative
Excellent entry level opportunity! Are you passionate about food and customer service? Want to grow your career?
The Customer Service Representative will provide service and support to customers, Sales representatives and the operations team. Responsibilities include processing customer orders, resolving customer service obstacles and disputes, and various other administrative functions. This position reports directly to the Customer Service Manager.
- Enter customer orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Effectively process all incoming calls and emails in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
- Validate customer specific pricing upon confirmation of orders.
- Proactive communication with customers to answer any inquiries and resolve any issues.
- Partner with sales representatives and brokers to exceed customer’s service expectation.
- Provide timely feedback to management and sales team regarding any service failures or customer concerns.
- Release orders to third-party warehouses and communicate with those entities on a daily basis.
- Communicate with internal departments regarding pricing and customer queries and requests.
- Perform various additional administrative functions as needed or assigned, including correspondence and filing.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Customer service experience preferred in a sales-driven customer service organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and willing to learn other software programs if needed
- Willingness to address difficult situations and provide potential solutions
- Urgency in responding to internal and external customers and vendors
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicational skills
- Good math skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Basic typing and data entry skills
- Ability to function independently and multitask
- Positive work attitude, value a high level of customer service and possess the ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, on site at our Carson, CA office
- Ability to work overtime, when necessary
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/ Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.