The Demand Planner will be responsible for forecast planning, including the creation of weekly and monthly forecasts by SKU, product launches and transitions. The responsibilities include creating and maintaining forecast models for all customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecasting information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts and other sources.
The Demand Planner and Forecaster is the liaison between Sales and Supply Chain organization. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Operations.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing and Business Development team to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach working with Sales and Marketing and Business Development to obtain and ensure current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the Procurement organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with Procurement.
- Create statistical forecasts and review sales plans, latest estimates and demand drivers.
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with Sales and Marketing departments.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process.
- Initiate and lead SKU rationalization process.
- Maintain Item Master information.
- Improve relationships among planners, sales, marketing, creative and operation, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience within supply chain and demand planning, ideally within the food or other related CPG industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Knowledge of Infor ERP platform highly preferred
- APICS or other forecasting certification.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status.