Ocean Freight Manager
Camerican is seeking a results-oriented Ocean Freight Manager who will work with our Global Logistics department on ocean freight matters ranging from procurement of carrier rates to contracting for port drayage. This individual will be the key point of contact for all contract and service-related matters.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Negotiate competitive global import ocean freight rates
- Establish relationships and interact with freight forwarders, logistics providers, and ocean carriers
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs through the development of strategic relationships, freight consolidation, and route management
- Find solutions and improvements to the transportation challenges affecting cost, service reliability, and transportation lead-times.
- Update the internal system of new/updated rates
- Provide ocean freight quotes to internal customers
- Understand and report on ocean freight market insights
- Analyze ocean freight performance
- Ability to communicate and resolve anomalies in tracking of freight, and validate shipment information from global carriers and forwarders
- Decision-making talent to assign carriers to suppliers based on negotiated contracts as well as volume and demand.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of carrier performance according to ocean freight carrier contract information and ensure contract requirements are met while maintaining competitive freight costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar field
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Experience with Infor Nexus is preferred
- Strong Knowledge of global ocean freight
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level Excel skills)