Warehouse Associate (Union)
The position of Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions. Coordinate and take ownership of all daily warehouse activities to promote a higher level of teamwork and customer satisfaction/service. This includes and not limited to functions of receiving, storing, handling, shipping, of product for delivery via truck shipments. Includes the receiving and handling of all product coming into the warehouse building by Vendors, Customers or other means accurately and promptly while maintaining the warehouse in a safe, clean and secure environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of picking and packing customer orders, sample orders via truck.
- Sort, pick, pack and move product by hand and/or using material handling equipment.
- Fill orders from warehouse stock, complete order receipts, and assemble orders on pallets or shipping boxes/cartons.
- Complete daily work tickets.
- Transport filled orders to staging area or shipping area.
- Mark or tag pallets or shipping boxes/cartons with proper identifying information.
- Verify quantities and description of product against pick tickets and assembling orders accurately for packing.
- Safely operate mechanical material handling equipment, i.e. pallet jack, Deep Reach forklift.
- Any other duties as assigned/needed.
- Solid reading, math and reasoning skills.
- Must have good English language skills but multiple languages are a plus
- Ability to liaison with Managing office to maintain work flow
- Operate Inventory control equipment, handheld devices as well as lift equipment.
- Knowledge/ understanding of the warehouse system and locations of product in storage areas.
- Ability to work and coordinate with other departments
- Ability to team work on any assigned task.
- Ability to stay organized, positive attitude.
- At least 1 year of experience, using or operating Deep Reach Material Handling Equipment. Hand/Eye Coordination necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills, written, oral, and to include reading comprehension and active listening.
- Basic mathematics, quality control, coordination skills necessary.
- Certification of Lift Equipment /Deep Reach Forklift & pallet-jack certification.
- Knowledge of health/safety procedures, standards/regulations.
- Previous experience working in a Food Grade Warehouse a plus.
- Position spends up to 8 hours of time standing, walking, lifting and pushing.
- Often bending, kneeling, crouching to lift, move and stack products required for order.
- Able to withstand swing temperatures in a warehouse multi-temperature environment, b/n 0 F to 94 F, regularly.
- Ability to move or lift, up to 80 lbs. unassisted.
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.