At Tipico, we offer retail, foodservice and industrial customers an array of value-added, imported and domestic cheeses along with a number of processing services performed in its plant.
1. Responsible for maintenance and repair of all facility structures and machinery—including but not limited to Hydraulic repairs, mechanical repairs, electrical repairs, pneumatic repairs, plumbing repairs, lighting, machine installations.
2. Mechanical troubleshooting skills.
3. Monitoring and responding to Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems.
4. Provide assistance to Sanitation- (machine disassembly)
5. Provide accurate record keeping of preventative maintenance (P/M) and of all repairs. Initiate re-stock of equipment with Supervisor’s permission.
6. Assist all mechanics as directed by senior mechanics.
7. Ability to work with others- teamwork!
Other duties include but are not limited to:
1. Assisting Maintenance Supervisor and senior mechanics with General Facility Maintenance.
2. Monitor HVAC Systems.
3. Handling Inclement Weather Issues – to include snow plowing, shoveling, salting, etc.
4. Picking up parts at local parts supply houses.
5. Metal working – to include welding, cutting, soldering, and brazing
6. The ability to read hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical schematics and ability to work with 12 volts to 480 volts.
7. General labor as may be required.
The “B” Mechanic position is a position where 5 years or more of experience is required. References from previous jobs are helpful.
The candidate should have a mechanical aptitude and be physically fit. Lifting heavy motors and industrial-sized tools and other equipment is commonplace. The ability to read instructions, wiring diagrams, and to clearly communicate verbally and in written form is critical. Dependability is critical, as the candidate is often required to open or close the facility as may be required, and may also be required to work off-hours and occasional Saturdays. The candidate must also have the ability to work alone, as many of the tasks are solo-tasks. The warehouse is a 38F environment. The candidate must have a valid Drivers license, and the ability to achieve NJ Black Seal boiler license.
The work-day for the position is typically 9 hours long: 8-regular hours, 1 hour unpaid lunch. The work-week shall consist of 40-regular. Overtime will be required as the need so a flexible schedule is required.