Account Specialist - Food Service Sales
Gellert Global Group’s Atalanta Corporation has experienced tremendous growth and we are in search of a highly organized, self-motivated, and customer service-oriented Account Specialist to join our team .
Atalanta Corporation is the number one cheese importer and the largest family-owned food importer in the US servicing all channels of the food industry with over 5,000 products from around the world. For more information, please visit us at https://www.atalantacorp.com/
The Account Specialist will support Area Sales Managers in the creation of customer contracts, new item set-up, product specification documents and provide various sales reports/analysis. The ideal candidate is a team player who can work independently and can multi-task in a timely manner. This is a remote position. The Account Specialist’s responsibilities also include supporting the Sales Team and respective accounts by calling existing and new accounts to support growth, ensure our service levels are maintained, and help introduce our products into targeted customers/channels. With proven success and experience this role may lead to a position as an Area Sales Manager within our Organization and a career with many different opportunities for growth.
- Present Atalanta (GGG) products in a professional manner
- Work closely with Sales personnel, Marketing Team, Operations/Supply Chain, Product managers and Suppliers to fulfill customer needs
- Remain abreast of market conditions that affect current and potential sales volume
- Perform sales calls and regular visits to key account locations as designated
- Develop specific product knowledge, clearly articulate features, benefits, applications
- Provide reports on sales activity in a timely basis
- Respond to all customer and sales inquiries in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot quality complaints, transportation issues, inventory levels and sales performance issues timely and accurately
- Engage prospects, existing customers and suppliers at food shows, industry meetings and or conferences
- Develop and edit sales presentations
- Process orders, sample requests in a timely manner and provide adequate follow up
- Respond to calls and e-mails and other forms of communication promptly
- Proactive problem-solving approach to errors and quality issues
- Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Culinary and/or foodservice sales experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and passion for food and the food industry
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office and willing to learn other software programs if needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours as assigned
- Attention to details to ensure quality of work
The Gellert Global Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.