Originally established in 1916, Camerican International is a leading US food importer to the retail, foodservice, chain restaurant, and manufacturing industries. Camerican imports food products such as frozen and canned fruits, vegetables, seafood, and select specialty items from over 40 countries around the world. Camerican is headquartered in Paramus, NJ, with sales offices across the US.
Camerican International is seeking a motivated Sales Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for executing all cross-functional operations related to specific accounts. In this developmental role, you will be responsible for handling changing priorities, while delivering accurate and prompt support to external and internal stakeholders.
Additionally, you will work closely with the Sales Manager to research and prioritize business development opportunities and help grow the business segment. The ideal candidate should possess the desire to grow with the company and show a strong interest in assuming incremental responsibility within the business, particularly as it relates to sales management.
- Support Sales Manager on the day-to-day maintenance of accounts, including sample requests, document requests, project tracking, inventory management, and sales reports
- Serve as a liaison between sales team and customers; manage all internal and external communication regarding specific accounts
- Analyzing sales forecasts, demand planning, and inventory replenishment; coordinate with Procurement team to ensure sufficient vendor production
- Engage cross functional teams (Logistics, QA, Finance) to execute sales plan, resolve issues, and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer needs
- Collaborate with Sales Manager to accurately prepare sales quotes, enter new orders, customer data, and update existing accounts in ERP
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Food Science, Marketing, or related field
- 3-7 years’ experience or more in sales support function or related role
- Food importing industry experience preferred
- Effective problem solver; proactive
- Ability to deal with complex situations and prioritize demands
- Flexible, self-starter with strong work ethic; results driven
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to client site/trade shows, as needed
In addition to offering a competitive base salary and a performance-based bonus program, we are committed to providing our employees with comprehensive benefits that include a choice of benefit plans and levels of coverage to meet the needs of the employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefit options (Company contribution towards medical)
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Savings Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Generous company match with immediate vesting upon enrollment in our 401(k)
- Progressive PTO policy in addition to Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance program for both employees and their children
- Employee engagement and recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- Employee Wellness and Community Giving Initiatives
- Company-sponsored celebrations and team-building events
Camerican International, Inc. (a Gellert Global Group company) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce through application of its nondiscrimination policy. All employment decisions are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.